Morrison Springs Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures! It is actually starting to look really nice! I wouldn't mind paying a $5 park admission fee, would be well worth going to a location that actually fixes things that are broken.

An admission price wouldn't bother me (if it wasn't overpriced).

Many state parks charge a $5/car fee for example. But it keeps out the folks who are too cheap to pay $5 bucks. Which means it keeps out the crowds and some of the trouble makers.

I'd be willing to pay $5 bucks for a nicer park and having clean bathrooms in it.

Dog-on-it Mike. I just attacked my monitor (and your signature) with a paper towel... :shakehead:

I have a call in to Chris Mitchell, the Walton County "Info-guy". I sent him a list of the most recent questions/concerns, as well as the normal 'ping' for an update on the opening date. I will post the news as soon as he gets back to me.

Ill be at Vortex saturday, so Ill try and sneek in for a peek. Does anyone know if you can access the spring run from farther down stream? Looks like a lot of roads go that way.

Ill be at Vortex saturday, so Ill try and sneek in for a peek. Does anyone know if you can access the spring run from farther down stream? Looks like a lot of roads go that way.

Yes. Scroll Down to the 7th post:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/216835-morrison-springs-dead-17.html

Bewarned:

Do not leave anything of any value in your vehicle if you leave it unattended!

The road is very tight. If you dont like scratches on your vehicle, don't try it! Also, if it rains and you aren't in a 4 wheel drive, either dont try it or dont stop once you start!

whats the latest?

PhotohikeDive said in another thread that he went out there a couple days ago and was turned away at the gate from entering..... so looks like they aren't done, but no real status update other than they were turning folks away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom