Morro Bay 2/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Got back up to Morro Bay today. Water was really warming up, a toasty 54F. The Hermissendas are still there in large numbers:

hermi-1.jpg

Hermit crab:

hermit3.jpg

Hermit crab checking out Hermissenda:

hermihermit2.jpg

Corynactis:

corynactis-1.jpg

Shrimp on red starfish:

shrimp-1.jpg

Never can tell what you find in an old PVC pipe:

fringe5.jpg

Fringehead:

fringe3.jpg

A little housekeeping:

fringe4.jpg

Nice shots, Para. The nudi looks funky, I like. :)

Ed.

Awesome pics, Parabolic. Thanks. IMHO this is the best time of the year to dive Central CA coast, with the best vis.
Dive safely.

EvaL - thank you. I agree, winter is the best time anywhere in CA. Yesterday the water in Morro Bay was the cleanest I have seen it in many years. ++Ken++

Ken, those shots are just wonderful as usual..
Thanks for sharing the beautiful and varied marine flora and fauna in your neck of the woods :).

Love the fringehead and shrimp on red starfish shot, the colour just pops!!

Thanks very much Jam and caloy, appreciate your comments. Wish we had warm water, but there are some offsets!! :)

Awesome shots, Ken. Love the Hermissendas and the Fringehead. They seem to like pipes. There's one on Shale Island that hangs out just like that. We've had 50ft+ vis in Monterey the last two weeks as well. Of course, my #$%&*@# rig is in the shop!!

Ken
Great photos as always.
Your knowledge of both photography and your subjects always amazes me.
Keep posting I am hoping that I will learn from osmosis

Thanks Larry and victor, you guys are too kind. Larry the viz in Morro Bay Tuesday was as good as I've seen in years. Not that you need good visibility for that dive, but it is nice to know when you are underwater at noon you are not on a night dive :).

Back
Top Bottom