Motorcycle with a wet suit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwistedGray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well I tried on a wet suit today and realized how warm they get (sorry, noob to diving). I am wondering if anyone has ever tried wearing them while riding their motorcycle?

Maybe just a 3mm or smaller would actually work very well?

Just a thought :confused:

Well I tried on a wet suit today and realized how warm they get (sorry, noob to diving). I am wondering if anyone has ever tried wearing them while riding their motorcycle?

\ Give it a try, and let us know!

I have wondered this myself. I have a 2005 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700 and have ridden in some very cold weather. 18 degrees is the coldest to be exact. I have thought About trying it on under my clothes just to try but have not yet done it.

I wonder if the neoprene would melt to your skin if you ever laid your bike down?

Ya, I think that would be a very, very, very, bad idea. Have you seen what happens to ballistic nylon when it hits the deck? I can only imagine what would happen to neoprene... if it slid. I can picture you coming out w/ either severe burns and the resulting infections from the embedded neoprene. Or the neoprene doesn't slide and rips the skin away. I'm not sure which would be worse. Stick with leather or ballistic textiles (as long as you aren't wearing against your skin). If it saves your hide once you will never complaing about the cost or the heat again. I'm all for mixing the sports you love but motorcycling and scuba just don't play well together :)

On a similar note... I've considered wearing my 2mm wetsuit as an undergarment for my dry suit. It would have less buoyancy and still work when wet. One of these days I'll try it...

On a similar note... I've considered wearing my 2mm wetsuit as an undergarment for my dry suit. It would have less buoyancy and still work when wet. One of these days I'll try it...

I see that you have full understanding on how drysuits and drysuit underwear work.

LOL

of yeah.. go to Laguna Seca and put one knee down with a 3mm, instead of Joe Rocket's or Alpinestar get the DUI rock boots. 38% Nitrox works for my kid's tires in the track. Don't see why other dive gear can't be implemented similarly; both loves merged into just one big pile of common gear. Ohmlins suspension for the scooters? maybe better for the trim tabs of the boat?

The only dive gear I use is my hoodie to keep my neck warm when it is 60 deg or colder. I think as long as you wear your wetsuit under your reg clothes it would work for very cold temps. I know a guy who wore a 1 peice 2ml under his bike gear only one time. He said it was a little restrictive but not bad. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom