Mountain Biking Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curacao Sunshine

Contributor
Reaction score
Currently Westpunt, Curacao NA Previously Goffs
# of dives
200 - 499
No, not underwater... but David and I have found that many divers are outdoor people and many do bike so I thought I'd throw this out to you. Curacao is a great place to bike. Biking on the road may be a little scary but there is both an annual Amstel Cup road race and The Ride for The Roses ride. The island sponsored a world cup MTN bike race a couple of years ago and that trail is still in use between the Mambo Beach area and Jan Theil area and David has spent over a year clearing single track trails along the NW coast here in Westpunt, a few quite technical. Westpunt is out in the country, there's not much out here, the younger kids go to school in Barber or when older, all the way to Willemstad. We would like to offer them some positive role models and activities and are working on starting a bike club. OK, now for the pitch... If there are any riders who would like to experience the island both underwater and on wheels, we would like to ask for any unused bikes you may have (adult or kid's size). The cost to bring a bike by plane is a $100 flat fee - no charge if it's your 3rd checked piece. This way you could ride during your stay and donate your bike to a worthy cause. We are working on raising some funds and could cover the air or gratefully accept it as a donation :wink: There are just a couple of important considerations; if you bring your pedals and bike shoes, we would like the flat pedals if you still have them and the bikes would need to be in working condition. We've asked folks to bring us down parts for our bikes since some parts are hard to find. Thanks for considering my forwardness and if you are an avid MTN biker, come and ride a day with David even if you don't bring a bike; we have a few at the house and would love to show you Curacao off the beaten track.
Hugs and fishes, Sunshine
curacaosunshine@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom