Mounting GoPro options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natedawg4081

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Ikelite camera housing for my Canon G15 with dual tray handles. Wanting to mount my GoPro so I can do video and stills at the same time. Right now i have the GoPro on its own boomerang mount with dual handles and dual lights. Was thinking either mounting it underneath upside down with the tripod mount and have the GoPro reorient the video or use a Y adapter and put in on an arm over the center of the housing. Any ideas?

Yes I saw that as well but will need both arms for the lights

Did you ever find a good solution to this? I just bought a strobe and a light and am trying to figure out the best way to connect everything (I have a Canon G10 in the canon housing and a gopro 3+).

Mounting it upside down under your primary camera will work just fine, just remember to flip the video in the camera settings. My Ikelite housing was big enough that I actually mounted my GoPro on top of the primary camera using a suction mount.

I probably go with a 3 way clamp and the ikelite gopro adapter so I can get some height above the housing. I will see how the quick clip mount that came with the GoPro will work as well but may not give me enough height.

FWIW: I've hung a bunch of different cameras under my tray over the years. Very easy to flip the image right-side-up in edit.

I was more wanting it above but will try it below as well. You can also configure the GoPro to record that way as well so you dont have to do a flip on the video in GoPro Studio

Back
Top Bottom