Mouthpiece cuts inside upper lip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New Scubapro regulator.
What mouthpiece is better?

It's an Apeks clone since the patent expired and @DiveGearExpress is bringing them in now. They're worth it.

I really like the Aqualung Comfo Bite mouthpieces. All silicon with a mouth "roof" bridge instead of just bite tabs..

It's an Apeks clone since the patent expired and @DiveGearExpress is bringing them in now. They're worth it.
This 👆🏻

Once you use them, there is no turning back.

I’ve always used SeaCure mouthpiece. They are easily customized for your mouth. Buy one specific to your regulator. Follow the directions carefully by trimming if needed, dip it in boiling water, shake it and bite down as directed. They last a long time and are comfortable. You can remold them if you didn’t get it right the first time. There’s a video about them too. Last one I got on E-bay at a reduced price.

I’ve always used SeaCure mouthpiece. They are easily customized for your mouth. Buy one specific to your regulator. Follow the directions carefully by trimming if needed, dip it in boiling water, shake it and bite down as directed. They last a long time and are comfortable. You can remold them if you didn’t get it right the first time. There’s a video about them too. Last one I got on E-bay at a reduced price.
If you are using primary donate there can be an issue with gagging for the recipient with this type of mouthpiece especially if it is long. Obviously not a problem with alternate donate.

There is also the Mares Jax which is softer, and has clones (DGX, Deep 6) that are half the cost.
Sea Cure is made out of harder material. 👄

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom