Best Mouldable Mouthpiece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trista R

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just did a major current dive in Cozumel and my gums, lips inside and out are torn up. I have a Hollis 200. Sometimes I have to hold it in place not to sore up my mouth.

I read that a mouldable mouthpiece is what I need to solve that problem. Any suggestions on brands?

Or is it that the Hollis just too heavy?

SeaCure is the only one that works for me and I have tried all of them.
That’s very helpful that you’ve tried all of them. I’ll look into SeaCure.

Another question, do you think I need a swivel as well or good enough with the Seacure?

My son used a SeaCure until I introduced him to an Apeks Comfobite and he hasn't switched back:

My son used a SeaCure until I introduced him to an Apeks Comfobite and he hasn't switched back:

I’ll check That out. Thanks!

I just stocked up on a dozen APEKS comfobites they come in a cute little brown cardboard box

Now to just go and steal a bit of food so I can eat

I’ve been using the Mares Jax that came on my regs - I like it. Looking at a SeaCure to replace it when it;s time. I’m sold on moldable mouthpieces, I felt like I was going to bite through my octo‘s mouthpiece or other regs.

The Aqualung/Apeks Comfobite is another good choice, not a moldable one but it uses your palate instead of bite wings. I’m planning on replacing my octo’s mouthpiece with one.

The ComfoBite causes some people to gag.

Back
Top Bottom