Mouthpiece that goes behind lips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheFife

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The stock mouthpiece on my Scubapro A700 is less than ideal for me because the mouthpiece doesn't have much material that goes behind the lips (the rim part of the mouthpiece). It basically feels like I am sucking on a pipe (feel free to make jokes just also add some advice). If I don't bite down tightly on the mouthpiece with my teeth, the reg can easily slip out of my mouth. Also, it feels like I need to purse my lips or air will go between my lip and the mouthpiece when exhaling.

Is there a replacement that addresses this issue? I've seen custom bit alternatives, but that doesn't seem relevant to my issue.

The stock mouthpiece on my Scubapro A700 is less than ideal for me because the mouthpiece doesn't have much material that goes behind the lips (the rim part of the mouthpiece). It basically feels like I am sucking on a pipe (feel free to make jokes just also add some advice). If I don't bite down tightly on the mouthpiece with my teeth, the reg can easily slip out of my mouth. Also, it feels like I need to purse my lips or air will go between my lip and the mouthpiece when exhaling.

Is there a replacement that addresses this issue? I've seen custom bit alternatives, but that doesn't seem relevant to my issue.
You can get them anywhere. find a material youar ecomfortagble with . silicone soft or furm try tem out and get one they are parobably 10$ there abouts

here are some ebay ones I did search for regulator mouthpiece

regulator mouthpiece | eBay

I have a seacure. I am missing a couple of back teeth so the seacure fills that space. My mouth is loose and you cannot remove my reg without rippping out some remaining teeth. Very solid.

Maybe they've changed the stock SP mouthpiece, but the older ones have a really big lip in front of the bite tabs. So you might look around for one of those. If they're the same as what you have, try the seacure.

Thinking about it, it would not surprise me if SP has made their new mouthpieces a bit smaller. This probably makes it feel a little more comfortable in the dive shop for new divers that are not used to them. Unfortunately, it almost works the opposite in the water.

If I don't bite down tightly on the mouthpiece with my teeth, the reg can easily slip out of my mouth. Also, it feels like I need to purse my lips or air will go between my lip and the mouthpiece when exhaling.
Had the same issue, changed them for Apeks.

To summarize:
1) check the Web for some designs with a bigger lip rim
2) the Comfo-bite has a cup shaped addition that fits against the roof of your mouth that many people really like
3) the Sea-Cure has long side wings so there is something for your back teeth to grab, requiring less force. They're big, but if you like them, there you go!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom