Movie - "Treasures of the Lost Villages" showing in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricDive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It has just been announced that this documentary will be screened in Brockville. It is about the construction of the St Lawrence Seaway and was produced by divers! It combines underwater video footage, historic photos from before the flooding, and interviews with some interesting "old-timers" who lived through the flooding experience. Should be very interesting for anyone who has dived, or plans to dive, at any of the Lost Villages sites.

It will be on Saturday July 12 at the Galaxy Theatre in Brockville at 10 AM. Tickets are $10 and will be available by this Friday at the following locations:

The Brockville Museum
5 Henry Street
Brockville K6V 6M4
Telephone: 613-342-4397
Welcome to the Brockville Museum

Dive Brockville Adventure Centre
12 Water St East,
Brockville, On
613-345-2800
Dive Brockville Adventure Centre

D & D Promotions
180 Perth St.,
Brockville, K6V 5E5

Their website is not yet updated but you will also be able to get them on-line at:

Historical Underwater Exploration

Although I am not related to this production in any way, a few of us in Brockville offered to help promote it in order to get it to play in Brockville. So spread the word and come on out, not only is it dive related but it is local history and you will help support some local film makers.

Hope to see you there!

Eric

I saw this thread too late for the screening but bought the DVD from HUE - with any luck I'll be diving some of the sites next year

I've seen this film as well, and it's pretty good if your into the history of the villages and the construction of the power project.

Mat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom