Moving to Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm moving to Japan in July this year, looks like Iwakuni most likely (I'm in the military).

I'm a rEvo CCR trimix diver, also dive a genesis scooter.

I'm interested what sort of infrastructure exists to support tech diving around Iwakuni? Is there a shop with a booster? Helium? Are there deep sites? Anybody else diving CCR there?

What about other areas within driving/train distance?

My wife is currently at Yokosuka and has linked up with some divers there and in Tokyo, so I'm starting to figure out whats in that area.

Thanks,

Patrick

We are in Sasebo about a 4-5 hr drive south also some dive spots around Fukuoka

Find us at Sasebo Scuba on Facebook

Doug is a great choice if you make it down to OKI

There is some limited tech stuff up in mainland. We have plenty of support including sorb and O2 in Okinawa. Not sure of what is close to Iwakuni but there are some nice dives up there on the deeper side of things.

Patrick,

There isn't much deeper diving near Iwakuni. We normally take a trip up north to Numazu area for wreck diving.
See you soon.

-Mitch

What kind of wreck is there in Numazu?

I am a Tec diver and do all my dives in Izu... My main wreck in this area is in Atami so happy to go exploring other areas!

Cheers

Hi, we live in Tokyo and we use to dive around Izu Penisula but not tec dive, if I can help you in something, not problem!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom