Moving to NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaco6053

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello! I'm Rod and I am moving too NC in the early summer. Well Ive decided to make NC home and I am wondering if anyone knows of any friendly divers or dive groups that wouldnt mind showing a new guy in town about NC diving. Pretty much I'm just looking to meet some new dive buddies. I have friends in the area but none of them dive. I am planning too move to the Havelock or Cape Carteret area. Currently I have about 100 logged dives and I'm working on my dive master qual. All my diving has been in Japan. Well thats pretty much all i got for now. Hope to meet some new divers.

Welcome to NC....a beautiful state with some beautiful people.

Thanks for the welcomes! Im pretty excited about diving in NC. So how is the shore diving there? Are there places where you can just drive, suit up, and just jump in the water or are the majority of dives in the area boat dives?:D

Welcome to NC! I'm in the Cape Carteret area myself, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about local conditions.

Frank

hey there frank. thanks for the welcome! is all the diving in that area mainly boat dives, or are there places you can just suit up and jump in at? just wondering because it seems so far that in order to dive i'll have to pay for a boat to take me out and i dont know about that every weekend.

It's true that almost all the diving around here is done from boats. The single popular salt-water shore dive is at Radio Island, between Morehead City and Beaufort. Otherwise, save your nickels and dimes for the boat rides. :)

Back
Top Bottom