Moving to Shikoku

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChimChim75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be moving to the Takamatsu area. Any divers around there?

I should have a couple of weeks off in August to dive and my gear should be there by then.

I'm coming from Oahu, so it's going to take me some time to adjust from being able to dive a couple times a week... It would be nice to go regularly in Japan too.

Jeff

Not sure of up in your area but you are more then welcome to come visit Okinawa in August for some great dives- a short flight from the mainland.

The dive prices don't change - resort prices go up but the smaller hotels are pretty much the same.

The pyramids are located in Yonaguni - another flight down from Okinawa main island. I will be leading a tour down that way in July maybe again in August if we have enough interest. I usually get down there a few times a year with groups. On the main island I know this little shop called Reef Encounters that has pretty good rep.

Thanks! I figured I'd go into a shop or two in Takamatsu and see what I can find out after I arrive. I'm sure I could communicate ok in person, but my Japanese is a little rusty for the phone.

I was hoping I could find a dive buddy near me, but this might take some work... :)

We have 27C in Okinawa right now and climbing a bit more up to 29C or so by Aug. Winter time we get down to about 21-22C at the coldest. Up north its a bit brisk in winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom