MP4 to DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indigo Scuba Africa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a load of MP4 videos that I have made using Pinnacle that I want to burn onto DVD so that they can be watched on TVs and computers.

Does anyone know of a good FREE programme that I can download so that I can copy (burn) the MP4s onto DVD. I'm looking for something that produces professional looking menus. Windows Movie Maker (I think it's called that) has a great programme for doing this with really nice menu options but they don't handle MP4s.

Also, is it best to save videos as MP4s or should I be looking at a different format to save them as so that I can download them onto DVD? I am shooting "HD" video.

Thank you!:D

Why not just use Pinnacle Studio to create DVD's? Even the $50 HD version seems to do:
Exciting new title designs, DVD menus, and effects*
And the $100 Ultimate adds a few more features:
Motion titling, plus exciting new title designs, DVD menus, effects and Montage themes *

It appears you can import your MP4's and burn them directly to DVD with titles etc.
Import Formats

* Video: AVCHD*, BD Blu-ray*, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX®*, MPEG-4*, 3GP(MPEG-4)*, WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles (incl. DVD-VR/+VR), QuickTime® (DV, MPEG-4*, H.264*)
My buddy uses Studio 12 Ultimate and makes DVD's to send to family/friends with titles/transitions etc.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for this. I am using Pinnacle Studio Ultimate the latest version. I had not thought of importing my Mp4s and then putting them onto a disk with Pinnacle. I'll have to check this out.

Pinnacle Studito Ultimate is great for editing video. I have been using it for over a year now.

I'll certainly give the importing MP4 a go! Thanks for this!

I've converted quite a few mp4's into DVD -- depending on what i want I have more often than not skipping menus and just adding chapter breaks either at particular time breaks or let the programs do it automatically. This way both the fast foward and the seek buttons work properly. NeroVision, Pinnacle, and roxio are the 3 program i use depending on what effects

Back
Top Bottom