Mr22 first stage DIY service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here service their own Mares MR22 first stages?
I have an older (heavier) MR22 in mint condition that needs servicing, it looks like the kits are available on eBay and the manual is on-line. The only first stages I have serviced are USD Conshelf and have no problem doing that so I am wondering if there are any tricks or special tools required?
Cheers

I do my own. Take a picture of the order the internals go together in so you put them back in in the right order. Use a *tiny* drop of Loctite threadlocker on the DIN to first stage fitting to make it stay put. The HP seat is a "2 year, 200(?) hour" item and is not part of the service kit. The diaphragm is a replace as needed part. The DIN and yoke sintered filters are not interchangeable, so get the right kit.

As TrimixToo writes making a photo is possible but better is to use an exploded drawing for both the order of your parts but also for the correct O-rings (when you use an original kit).
There are many websites that offer these exploded drawings I like to use scubaservicemanuals.com
in the older Mares kits they did not put a HP seat but if you have a newer kit the seat is also in there.

Thanks guys, I pulled the MR22 apart a few weeks ago and followed the procedure in the factory manual. It was quite straightforward and the tri-material HP seat was unmarked (even under a loupe) so I re-installed it and the IP is rock solid at 142 psi even after a few hundred cycles (including a dive). So now it is buddied with a my also recently DIY serviced SP 156 second stage and working just great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom