MSY Damai - anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil_g

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm looking at booking a trip on the MSY Damai. It looks great but there are minimal reviews online...wanted to see if any folks out there have taken a trip on this liveaboard?

Thanks!
-Phil

Hi Phil,
There are not many reports yet as MSY Damai as they are relatively new. However, they are very experienced diving the Indonesian Archipelago. What we are hearing is that it is a fantastic boat, with loads of space, very comfortable and most most important, amazing dive guides. MSY Damai is really setting up a new standard for diving Indonesia and they are especially catering for photographers and videographers. However, everyone is welcome.
We would more than happy to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact us.

My buddy is on it now and I will be on it starting the 30th of this month.. will let you know how it goes but i expect everything will be top class.

I just got back from Raja. We were on another boat. Several guests new guests on the Damai, so one evening all the Damai guests came over for a drink.

The boat gets rave reviews. The typical new boat kinks have been worked out. I don't know if the boat leaks because it didn't rain until after we saw the Damai. Typically, all Pinisi style boats leak coming out of production. Then they get patched.

The Damai runs a bunch of different itineraries. The only downside is that the cruise director may not really know some of these areas.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a standard Komodo or Raja itinerary.

Hello Everyone - thanks so much for your replies...this you've all been most helpful to our decision in booking our trip!!

-Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom