Mt Storm Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope; we came, did 2 dives, and we're back in Cumberland overnighting.

Very, very windy, and about 65F in the air.

But the water is 90F at the surface, and about 87F at 50 ft. Visibility was 10-20 ft, down to about 5 ft when someone stirred the silt up.

Dive lights were useful to spotlight the fish.

I was expecting throngs, but besides us there were only I think three other team pairs there all afternoon.

Have fun!

Was there on October 2. Temp was 80 degrees at 50'.
Viz was about 5'.

Well at least the water temps are still warm. The only problem is getting out of the water and freezing.

Has any one been to storm lately? I am going up there next weekend and I am debating camping out in a tent like I normally do or get a heated room. All the weather reports I am seeing show the temperature all over the place. I am diving dry so I am not worried about that; I just don't want to freeze to death at night in a tent.

Has any one been to storm lately? I am going up there next weekend and I am debating camping out in a tent like I normally do or get a heated room. All the weather reports I am seeing show the temperature all over the place. I am diving dry so I am not worried about that; I just don't want to freeze to death at night in a tent.

Did you make it to Storm?

Back
Top Bottom