Mt. Storm or Lake Rawlings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cell phones work @ Mt. Storm?

NOPE! Maybe up on the road in spots but in the parking lot there is no cell signal. Emergency procedure is to cross the dam and take the first left. This leads to the power plant guard shack. Other wise why would you need cell signal? Also the facilities consist of two portajohns. Kinda primitive but at times some really good grafiti on the insides. Like the arrow pointing down the opening to the secret tunnel to West Virginia.

NOPE! Maybe up on the road in spots but in the parking lot there is no cell signal. Emergency procedure is to cross the dam and take the first left. This leads to the power plant guard shack. Other wise why would you need cell signal? Also the facilities consist of two portajohns. Kinda primitive but at times some really good grafiti on the insides. Like the arrow pointing down the opening to the secret tunnel to West Virginia.

I have USCellular, and mine works in the parking lot..... most of the time.

I was at Rawlings today.....alot of OW students in the water!!!

Been to both many times.

Mt. Storm is definatley primative. Several years ago there was a conservation officer that just didn't care for divers and really enforced the dive flag rule. WV law requires surfacing within (I think) 100 feet of a flag. Also he was strict on divers not using the boat ramp to enter the water. I have not seen an officer there in the last two years. I have a sprint phone and it does work there, but only in certain spots. You sort of have to walk around the lot to get the right spot. Wearing an aluminum foil hat helps. :D

Rawlings is nice; the water is much more clear than Mt. Storm. BUT it is much colder. I'm the kind of person that gets along with everyone but there is one person works there that is a jerk. You'll pick him out; drives a golf cart and yells at just about everyone. Shame.

My Rawlings trip was ruined by the attitudes. Steer clear of that place if you're looking for a pleasurable visit. I try to experience whatever local places I can, but I'm not interested in returning there. Ever.

My Rawlings trip was ruined by the attitudes. Steer clear of that place if you're looking for a pleasurable visit. I try to experience whatever local places I can, but I'm not interested in returning there. Ever.

What happened?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom