Much difference between Bare CT-200 and Bare hi-loft?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Greaves

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there much of a thermal difference between the Bare CT-200 undergarment and the Bare Hi-loft polar extreme?

Is there much of a thermal difference between the Bare CT-200 undergarment and the Bare Hi-loft polar extreme?

I "upgraded" from the CT-200 to the Polar Extreme (only because I sold the CT-200 along with a drysuit I was selling, and needed to replace them.) and do notice a difference.

Slightly warmer with the Hi-Loft. In the coldest dives I do, it means I can get away with simply a layer of Capilene under the Bare Hi-Loft pyjamas where I used to use an actual fleece under the CT-200.

I've used both the CT-200 and the Hi-loft with my Bare Tri-lam HD suit. I noticed a difference when I switched to the Hi-loft, but I haven't used either since I got my Weezle Extreme+. I dive almost exclusively in the Great Lakes. The temp is usually in the high 30s-low 40s on the bottom and a bit warmer than that other places in the water column. I have done 50+ minute bottom times and 100+ minute run times. The CT-200 is a large and the Hi-Loft is a Large/Tall. I'll sell either one of them or both if you are interested...I have too much gear.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom