Muck Fauna Documentary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am taking a different approach to popularizing marine biology of the "muck" fauna here: instead of explaining all I know about the biology of the animals I film underwater, I ask questions about them which come to my mind. All filmed on Negros Island in the Philippines, in sand and seagrass.

The documentary discusses the extremely potent venom of the stonefish; nudibranch biodiversity; the small size of gobies; the prevalence of kleptoplasty; and more.

Enjoy:

Tagged to watch later. I went diving in Aruba and my buddy said there are stonefish there. My face:oops:

Thanks Dr was a great Saturday morning watch while eating breakfast.
I started to wonder and try to simply answer the ‘why haven’t other non-sessile species evolved to eat chloroplasts’ - I am still wondering around muttering to myself about it 😀

Thanks Dr was a great Saturday morning watch while eating breakfast.
I started to wonder and try to simply answer the ‘why haven’t other non-sessile species evolved to eat chloroplasts’ - I am still wondering around muttering to myself about it 😀
Let me know if you come up with a good answer please. There could be some trade-off, that carrying all these chloroplasts causes some kind of strain on the organism?

Back
Top Bottom