multi purpose dive flag pole ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need a pole that does not take alot of space in the car,foldable maybe :eyebrow:
that i can use on the shore side, docks, and maybe in a boat..

Any good designs :confused:

I cut a wood dowel rod into the two lengths I wanted and use a piece of fuel hose to hole them together temporarily. Drill an eye on the bottom piece to tie a weight. Bungee 3 pieces of a pool noodle for the float around the pole. It fits into my gear bag nicely and I can leave the noodle behind if I'm going to a vacation spot where I can purchase another one. I would imagine plastic rod would be more suitable, but wood is fine.

I use a pole made from and old tentpole (fiberglass, with bungee). I have 3 sections and end up with about 6 foot of pole when assembled. I use that with a stationary flag. I have a float flag from Innovative that I really like that when stored is about 3 foot long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom