Music while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Music underwater? I think that would distract me while diving. But what is next, an underwater DVD player for your safety stops? Or a waterproof cellphone with a handsfree-kit for calling home when late for dinner?

To me, it's really a personal thing. Although I really like listening to music (in the bus, in my car, at the gym, etc.), when I dive, the only notes I'm looking for are the sound of my breathing, the sound of the bubbles, and whatever else Mother Nature wants to add to the symphony...

Alex

HAiko:
Music underwater? I think that would distract me while diving. But what is next, an underwater DVD player for your safety stops? Or a waterproof cellphone with a handsfree-kit for calling home when late for dinner?
heheh, texting on your cellie underwater, that'd definitely be a big seller here in the Philippines!

HAiko:

Just a thought, as personally I agree with Dr Bill, I would never use such.

Then of course I've never had to make a two hour plus decompression in the open ocean hanging on the anchor line. Reading "The Last Dive", some of the tek divers use them on the long stops. If I ever did that type of dive, I would probably reconsider.

drbill:
Last thing I want to hear underwater is human music whether it is from an iPod like device or underwater speakers from a dive boat!

Whereas I'm rather partial to the idea of fitting underwater speakers to my BC and having them kicking out Wager's 'Ride of the Valkaries' as I sail over the coral, scattering fish and divers before me.

The dive boat we used in Oahu had speakers. Came up from the Corsair at 105 feet to the Allman Bros. Very cool.

I agree with all the reasons not to have music plugged in but having the option of listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" during a warm water sunrise dive does have a certain charm...

DrBill
I agree with you. One of the wonderful things about being down is the quiet, the bubbles etc. It is my time to leave the human world and go visit the fish at THEIR house

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom