Music while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree on the distractive potential of listening to music while you should be paying attention to other things. I'm not saying I would necessarily indulge in such a device (I'd personally rather spend the 400ish bucks on something useful such as a diving toy or put the money towards a little scuba excursion) I was simply wondering if it had been done, and what other's felt on it, my only request would be to listen to some nice classical underwater so I could feel like I was on one those big screen blockbusters, crusing along, coupling the movements of the fishies and mother nature like some symphony.

I think I noticed someone say something about boats dropping speakers in the water...is this done and for what purpose?

The purpose of music underwater... hmmm. Maybe this is an idea:

SALTWATER OPEN OCEAN DISCO :14:

The boat can drop a few speakers into the water.
Let all the divers put on their funkiest suits and have a good time. Only prob would be the consumption of beer and other spirits when having a dry mouth...

But... do sharks like music, and if yes, what kinda? :06:

HI i AM NEW TO THIS BUT WHAT YOU MAY BE LOOKING FOR IS ON OCEANIC'S WEBSITE IT IS Called h20 AUDIO
HOPE THIS HELPS MORE THAN HURTS

well when im diving im not intrested in music....
but to all you people that are closed minded about it...
i guess youve never has and considerable deco...
come do some deep wreck dives....and then tell me a little music wouldnt be nice once in a while...
im actually considering gettin one...mabye in the spirit of a tech diver ill get 2 so i have redundancy :)

I think this is a great idea for those who want to listen to music while diving. Would make me feel like I was in a music video floating with all the fish. Not sure if I would buy one though. I like not having any sound when I dive....no cells phones, no pagers, no whining clients, just peace and quiet.

If i could hear someone elses music underwater i suspect i may have found the first ever proper use for the 8" dive knife.....

Anyone whos done the epcot living seas dive should be able to testify to how odd music sounds underwater (you can hear the dry side music underwater).

I guess it MAY have a use for long deco stops. There are already game boys, puzzles and puzzle books etc for this thing but for just diving and swimming around forget it. One of the reasons i dive is to avoid that and the rest of real world rubbish.

I often take my cellphone diving though. Admittedly its by accident as i forget to remove it from my undersuit pocket. Its not cheap either - the displays tend to die at about 130ft on nokias at lease...

Back
Top Bottom