Must Do Dives On Blackbeard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Blackbeard Liveaboard trip coming up soon and was looking for suggestions on dives to request. Any good wrecks I should not miss? Thanks.

You will pretty much so be bound to their standard itinerrary dictated by weather.

Tuna Alley is pretty dang sweet.

Don't miss the shark dive. That was awesome. As Roatanman said. Things are pretty regimentated. There are a lot of people in a small space so don't expect to be catered to.

Looking back at my notes from 2004, rating the best dives:

#1 Bull Run shark dive
#2 Yellow Brick Road Wall - drops off to deep blue nothing, great wall.
#3 Tuna Alley

I'll add my two cents based on no knowledge of where Black Beards goes. Since Willar mentioned Bull Run, I'll assume them go to the Bimini chain.

Bull Run can be fantastic. Dove there three times, twice in the morning and once in the late afternoon. Morning times were waaaay better than the afternoon. Sharks seem to be more abundant in the earlier hours.

Also Victory Reef is beautiful. Perhaps the prettiest reef I've seen in the Bahamas. Sometimes it's a drift dive, sometimes it's not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom