Must Do's in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every year I leave my non diving wife for a week or so. Since I am a older businessman I am burnt out and have to get my batteries re charged right around Feb, March or early April. I haven't seen any trips form my local dive shops for this year. So I am getting anxious.

Does anyone know of or can reccomend a group that might have room for 1 more guy?
I have not been to Bonaire but would like to go. It is a big world so I like to go to someplace different every year.

Diver Kat:
Schwim ... if you're not stuck on being on the water (and Bonaire is just not a beach type island) - check out the Deep Blue View B&B. It's up the hill from Sand Dollar in a quiet little neighborhood, giving it a spectacular view of the island and Klein Bonaire. They have only 4 rooms that they fill with guests, very clean & modern, beautifully landscaped pool and courtyard area, and an upper viewing deck where at night you can see the lights of Curacao. Their package prices are terrific - set by room for two people to include your room, diving & car... not per person as most other places. And Esther & Menno (the owners) take very good care of you ... it's like having your own private home on Bonaire. As first time visitors, it made us feel very comfortable ... not lost in the crowd of a huge resort. Here's the website if you want to check it out ...

http://www.deepblueview.com/index.html

Thanks, Diver Kat. This is where we will stay for our first trip. They offer a very attractive package. Will report back after the trip. :wink:

Schwim

Schwim:
Thanks, Diver Kat. This is where we will stay for our first trip. They offer a very attractive package. Will report back after the trip. :wink:

Schwim

Schwim ,,, hope you have as great a time as we did there .... Esther is an absolute sweetheart (and a terrific cook at breakfast!) Menno is the one to watch out for!! :wink: :wink: Ask him to make sure he shows you a Sea Bunny!! They both took great care of us and the other couples staying there. I was very nervous about going to a new country and diving mostly without a DM .. so it was very reassuring to find Esther & Menno. In fact I'm homesick for Bonaire thinking about it! If you have any other questions, let me know, or PM me ....

And please say Hi to Esther & Menno from Kathy & Alan from Texas!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom