MV Carpe Vita, Maldives Master or the Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krist3l

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm debating between the following liveaboards, departing either on Sept 28 or 29.

My Honors Legacy
MV Carpe Vita
Maldives Master
The Aggressor
My Honors Legacy
Seafari Explorer Maldives
MV Carpe Diem

Am I missing any gems? Don't need the luxury of Scubaspa Ying and Yang.

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

I lthink how the fleets run the diving operations impacts on how I would enjoy my liveaboard diving experience. I was not too impressed with Galápagos Master, especially their loosey-goosey itinerary. We were supposed to have more diving days in Wolf, but they shortened it & ended up spending more days in Darwin instead, doing the same diving over and over (negative entry to the bottom, hang on to the rock full of sharp barnacles, and watched the shark parade went by in 60F water). It was fun to do it on 1st day, but then it got old quickly on the 2nd day. Their food was so-so too. I tried the Palau Aggressor II and impressed with how well organized they were and in sticking with their itinerary. So, last month I went with Maldives Aggressor and again I had a great experience with the Aggressor. You can read more detail of my experience & what kind of itinerary they did here: Maldives 9 - 16 December 2018 TripReport

I guess you need to read the customer reviews of the other liveaboards, including their itineraries and compare them with the Aggressor’s before you pull the trigger on decision of which liveaboard to go with. Good luck & have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom