MX-10 + YS-40A upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmigs

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an old 35mm pro so I have done a fair job without digital. However, one of my more experienced dive buddies says I should turn in my MX system for something modern. Is there a digital camera which would fit in the MX case? Any other suggestions, short of just ditching my entire setup? :D

JohnScuba08b.jpg

HI-
Thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, with the assortment and specific features of digital compacts there is nothing to fit into an MX case. Each housing is camera specific and only accepts 1 camera body, due to LCD size, button location, lens assembly etc. Making the switch from film to digital or from Nikon to Canon or vice versa is never an easy one. With digital comes new advancements and specifications from manufacturers that require differing strobe technology and accessories such as wide-angle lenses as well. So, simply, there is little to no gear that transfers over especially in the compact arena. Not what you wanted to hear we're sure, but the facts. If you are an experienced shooter, which it sounds like, our DX-1G camera set and the new DX-2G (due in mid-April) may be good options to check out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom