My 1st video with the Olympus XZ-1: Mauritius 2012.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swiss_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Scuba Community

After reading numerous posts here, buying my 1st own underwater photo/video equipment,
I'd like to share a self-edited video of my 10 dives in Mauritius (March 2012):

Diving in Mauritius, March 2012 HD - YouTube

Highlights include Leaf Ghostpipe Fish, Frogfish and Spanish Dancer on a night dive.
Hardware: Olympus XZ-1 (Camera), PT-050 (UW Case), Inon UWL-H100 (Wide Angle Lens) and Sony Vegas Studio 11 (Editing).

What do you think? Any tips/suggestions are very welcome. It's a steep learning curve, that was my first lesson :cool2:

It's quite good, I really liked the night dive part. Camera seemed to preform pretty well. Did you do much adjusting in Vegas? Did you try any kind of filter when diving?

As to suggestions: It is a small camera but the more steady you can hold it the better, slow sweeps side to side to show an area. While respecting the reef, the more "eye level" you can shoot creatures the better. Again really enjoyed it.

great video, nice editing... damm i miss my camera so much :( excellent quality in this little xz1

My biggest problem with my XZ1 is the ability to stay in focus, or to even focus at all. It would jump in/out of focus for even the slightest motion. I noticed this problem when you shot the frog fish, and maybe a few other frames too. I've heard that different camera settings affect video (?). Have you experienced this? What cam setting did you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom