My Bag And Drag Experience Last Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming that's pm --- wow. I've searched for years (Kayak), and have never seen that option. Remember about how much? How about return times?
Leaves PDX about 5:30 AM, the arrival in Coz is 2:31 PM

Return leg was:
AA 1256 arriving DFW @ 3:47 PM
AA 2457 arriving PDX @ 10:50 PM

We cashed Alaska Airline miles, can't tell you what the tickets would have cost.

Why are you guys flying into Cancun? How much price advantage?

Part of it is the price. For a lot of people Southwest is the only direct flight to CUN. In addition to the savings in flight time/layover Southwest uses Terminal 2 in CUN so your time in immigration and customs is shorter. Finally, on your return flight you can avoid hubs like DFW and IAH by going through immigration and customs at much smaller international airports like Hobby (HOU) and Bergstrom (AUS).

Leaves PDX about 5:30 AM, the arrival in Coz is 2:31 PM

Return leg was:
AA 1256 arriving DFW @ 3:47 PM
AA 2457 arriving PDX @ 10:50 PM

We cashed Alaska Airline miles, can't tell you what the tickets would have cost.

Thank you.

First leg is nearly identical to a US Airways schedule with a layover in Phoenix landing in CUN. US Airways also had a flight from CUN to PDX with a layover in PHX that were also very similar times.

After booking flights this year, I continued to receive Kayak search results, but also looked at Google flight results a few times a week. I was surprised to see that sometimes both sites showed results that the other did not --- results that were attractive.

Lesson learned; Continue my obsessive ways ---- maybe even amp them up a bit.

Finally, on your return flight you can avoid hubs like DFW and IAH by going through immigration and customs at much smaller international airports like Hobby (HOU) and Bergstrom (AUS).
I fly AA Flight 1256 regularly to DFW. Average time from jet bridge to street (via customs and immigration) is about 15 - 20 minutes. Since they put in the kiosks a few years back the immigration bottle neck / local ICE employee games at immigration are a thing of the past. The longest wait is for the checked bags to hit the carousel.

Last edited:
$75 better include a lot of free beer and a foot massage!!!

$75, plus tip. Although I'm wondering why a $75 fare isn't enough to adequately compensate a driver.

$75, plus tip. Although I'm wondering why a $75 fare isn't enough to adequately compensate a driver.

Well it is. I assume the driver is getting a much smaller bite of the apple though and who doesnt get a tip in MX?

We flew to Coz in late March from PDX.
AA 1457 arriving DFW @ 12:31
AA 1256 arriving COZ @ 2:52

except AA1256 departs DFW at 12:15PM....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom