My Dive Knife Is Bigger Than Your Dive Knife!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's rule number 9?

Gibbs' Rules. NCIS.
Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife

Not GI3

Last edited:
cold steel makes some great knives, i would also check out sog, benchmade, ka-bar, boker might have some that would do well under the water, just have to be sure to check the composition of the metals in the blade and if you have the optional choice for like a TiNi coating, definatly get it

Not just the blade though... gotta watch composition of all metals in the knife... some have blades that are fine but handle parts that would corrode.

I carry a switchblade on my harness. You never know when you're going to run across a team of UTD boys looking to rumble.

Beginners . . . :shakehead:

craftsman-chainsaw-35020.jpg

I carry a hand and half sword strapped to my tank Ninja style to slay those sea dragons.

Honestly, I would love to have that little cut off steak knife for cutting through cast nets, mono and nylon line and 5/8 braided anchor line as well.

I have some inch braided rope (nylon), inch braided rope (plastic), and monofil line here, I just tried it out out of curiosity (a midnight experiment), with the ropes wet, cut through em like hot butter, much better than the smooth "dive knife" i used to use. I don't happen to have a ball of monofil line though... just what's in the fishing gear.

I have a broken steak knife as well. It is sweet. Like a ginsu edge. I find the blade to be a little short and lacking in contact area for "sawing".

I'm using a little Tekna dagger type knife I've had for thirty years. I no longer use leg straps, the original sheath adapted fine to BC strap mounting. It's a pointy little slab of steel with serrations on both edges for cutting line. It's not anything you would want to pry with, but the bare steel handle makes a great noisemaker to attract attention when tapped on your tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom