My Divemaster Course Experience In Komodo, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyafrica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone

I haven't seen too many threads on here about the experience of becoming a divemaster so I thought I'd share with everyone my recent experiences in Komodo.

To sum it up, Komodo is easily the best place i've dived in the world and doing my divemaster course here was probably the best decision I could have made. I spent a month diving 3-4x a day in one of the best places in the world. Whether you want to work as a professional, or just want to become a better diver, I think the DMT is a great choice, especially if you have the time to spare. If anything, it's by far the most economical way to do a lot of diving. For 76 dives, a months accommodation and food, I paid about $1400 which is a complete steal.

There are loads of places to get your DMT in the world but if you're going to dive somewhere for at least a month straight, why not make sure that place has amazing diving? Anyway, I wrote like a 10000 word post on my blog (complete with video of my stress test) with all the pics and videos of Komodo diving so hopefully if you were on the fence about it before, think no more and just go do it.

Becoming A Divemaster In Paradise: The Divemaster Internship - Johnny Africa

If anyone has any questions abotu the course itself or about komodo, please feel free to ask! Komodo is a special place for me, and I can only wallow in sadness as it's inevitable it will suffer the same fate as the Caribbean.

Last edited:
Johnny, if you really want anyone to read your blog you're going to have to get rid of those pop ups or at least figure out a way to have the x in the corner work quickly.

Back
Top Bottom