My drysuit arrived today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice looking suit!

I have a perfectly good drysuit, but after seeing this, I want another....always good to have a backup right? :D

Seems very nice, but when are you going to try it ? Btw, may I ask if you're trained/certified to use a drysuit ? It's no rocket ship technology, still one doesn't know what he doesn't know. Otherwise stated : it's always better to know what to expect.

Welcome to the club of all around the year diving.

Seems very nice, but when are you going to try it ? Btw, may I ask if you're trained/certified to use a drysuit ? It's no rocket ship technology, still one doesn't know what he doesn't know. Otherwise stated : it's always better to know what to expect.

Welcome to the club of all around the year diving.
I did the dry suit specialty 4 years ago. The first try with this suit is next weekend. In my dive group, there are about 10 very experienced drysuit divers, 3 of which are or have been instructors. I think I'm good as far as help is concerned. Fair question though!

do you mind sharing why you chose this suit over a seaskin?
I preferred to do the measuring in person with help from and at one of my local dive shops, a 40-minute drive from my house rather than by myself and online. Moreover, any service, warranty business or something is always easier if you can do that stuff in person. A Seaskin Nova in the same configuration, with the same options, would be a total of about €1400 (I checked), so the difference with what I paid is worth the ease of doing it in my own country. For me at least.

I did the dry suit specialty 4 years ago. The first try with this suit is next weekend. In my dive group, there are about 10 very experienced drysuit divers, 3 of which are or have been instructors. I think I'm good as far as help is concerned. Fair question though!

I preferred to do the measuring in person with help from and at one of my local dive shops, a 40-minute drive from my house rather than by myself and online. Moreover, any service, warranty business or something is always easier if you can do that stuff in person. A Seaskin Nova in the same configuration, with the same options, would be a total of about €1400 (I checked), so the difference with what I paid is worth the ease of doing it in my own country. For me at least.
I think your suit looks a lot nicer than the Seaskin too.

Really? Based on pictures I thought it was a SS except for the color. At 1st I thought they just added a color.

Any legitimate suit would, not an issue.

So...

I got to try my new drysuit for the first time today. The good news: it fits very well, donning and doffing is no problem at all (I thought I would struggle more with the neck seal), although the metal zipper needs some proper lubrication - as expected. And the most important thing: I have stayed dry and warm.

But then there were the 'my first drysuit dive in 4 years' issues, as one might expect. Buoyancy was all over the place, probably a bit over-weighted too, classic seahorse trim. No floaty feet (quite the opposite), no bolting to the surface either after countering the squeeze (the squeeze was less than I expected). And the tightness of the neck seal causes some dizziness at one point. I will let it stretch a little bit through use. If it stays too tight, I can always trim it down, one ring at a time. But that's not for now.

All issues that can be solved with better weighting, better distribution of weight, getting the hang of buoyancy again, and just getting used to it all. I am lucky to be in a dive group that I can join on a weekly basis with lots of very experienced drysuit divers, some (ex-)instructors, and generally nice people with patience. So I'll be fine.

And my drysuit does its actual job great: it keeps me dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom