My drysuit arrived today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concerning the neck seal : from the pictures and the description, it's a silicone one. You can easily clip it with a pair of shears. For an easier trimming, rings are molded in the silicone. Just cut one ring first, dive your suit once again, then if it still needs trimming, repeat the process.

Concerning the neck seal : from the pictures and the description, it's a silicone one. You can easily clip it with a pair of shears. For an easier trimming, rings are molded in the silicone. Just cut one ring first, dive your suit once again, then if it still needs trimming, repeat the process.
Yes, that's one of the reasons why I got a silicone seal. Will be fine, with or without trimming.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I got a silicone seal. Will be fine, with or without trimming.
I would hold off on trimming. I would consider myself above average size on the human scale. When I did my 1st few dives with the new suit it felt like it was strangling me a little topside. If I thought about it it would give me just a hint of anxiety, but everything felt fine horizontal in the water. Now I don't even notice it and I'm so glad that I didn't trim anything.

Just my 2 cents

They hardly stretch.
Lol.. then how does my fat head fit through that small hole?

I have a buddy who's slightly bigger than me and trimmed a little and now gets little trickles here and there.. 🤷‍♂️.. so YMMV

Maybe your head really isn't that fat and you're just fishing for compliments. If he's getting dizzy, it's too thight.
It's true, most people just like me for my body🤣🤣

At any rate I think it's just "thight" enough stock🤣. If things were too tight don't you think we'd see more cases of asphyxiation?!? Where are all of these posts? Is there a possibility that the "dizziness" could be from excitement of something new? Let the excitement wear off and then make the call.

LOL..genius.

At any rate I think it's just "thight" enough stock🤣. If things were too tight don't you think we'd see more cases of asphyxiation?!? Where are all of these posts? Is there a possibility that the "dizziness" could be from excitement of something new? Let the excitement wear off and then make the call.
There definitely were other stress factors as well. That's why I am not trimming the seal down just yet. Let's see how the rest develops (better diving, fewer stress factors). Trimming the seal down is always a possibility, but a last resort, because I think the stress factors had the upper hand this dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom