My first BC: The Zeagle Wicked Lite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, I can think of worse things than being stalked by a Zeagle dealer .. Maybe I can get some free gear out of it? Hehe, just kidding with you, Capt. Actually I'm curious to know if you still think it's too a size too big, now that you have my basic measurements. I do suspect Zeagle's sizing chart runs too big. Of course the wont solve the dump valve issue, but at least it might take the fit issue out of the equation.

Hmmm... I hadn't though of the tank squishing the donut into a U. Now I'm wondering if a dual-release U might be best for me after all. Damselfish, I assume you use a donut? Have you ever encountered that squishing problem? (I'm wondering if that's an actual issue that people have experienced with donuts or if it's just theoretical)
my current BC is a Ladyhawk back inflate, which is a donut shaped bladder, and I have no problem with air getting across the bottom. I have no idea if anyone really has the squishing thing, I've just seen it a number of times as an argument along the lines of "why bother with a donut when it will turn into a U anyway." I figure if you want a BC that allows air to get across the bottom, then it's something to keep in mind and make sure you get a design or setup where it works that way. It's certainly possible for it to work like that, and I'm sure it's possible to put something together where it doesn't.

lol, I can think of worse things than being stalked by a Zeagle dealer .. Maybe I can get some free gear out of it? Hehe, just kidding with you, Capt. Actually I'm curious to know if you still think it's too a size too big, now that you have my basic measurements. I do suspect Zeagle's sizing chart runs too big. Of course the wont solve the dump valve issue, but at least it might take the fit issue out of the equation.

that's the thing about gear, and why it is normally better to try stuff on. I say see if it is a size to big and see how things work out. I mean, if you got the Zeagle from him (or even not) show's he really believes in the product. And from a first hand experience, fit and how things work sometimes go hand and hand.

Back
Top Bottom