My First Call out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up date on my first call out.

We Found him ( SAR ) Dive team was to meet at our SAR building and arive as a group
we arived on scene about 5 minutes after they found the victum. And was ask to stand down

So we all took a sigh of relife that he was able to be brought back.

I dont have all the detailes but it turns out he was found 1.5 miles from the area we were searching last night curent was moveing prety good last night I guess and this is a farely shallow river. things had calmded down a bit by this morning
and he was found at about 08:45 so at least I can right my first call out as a sucsess

thanks for all the words of incourgement It is sure nice to know that you guys were thinking about our team as we made our search today

And at our debreaf we even found a couple ways to make our comunactaion between teams a little better

and I have to say MAN THEM COAST GARD PILOTS SURE CAN FLY

At one point the helo could not have been mre then 15 feet from the ground and down in a gully to boot

thanks againe for all the suport maybe some day I can cheer you up when you need it

Sparky

Hello Everybody I dive with Sparky on the Clatsop County Sheriff dive team. Yesterday the Dive team leader, myself and one other diver were called to recover what we thought was the missing fisherman. A Coast Guard Helicopter transported us to the far bank of the river and dropped us off via basket to a small clearing. The helicopter had to drop below tree level to drop us down. What great flying. We pushed our way thru the brush until we made it to the river. I was was tasked to go out in the river to attempt recovery. I was tethered up, then proceeded into the river. The water was about waist deep when I reached the spot. I attempted to recover but I was swept off of my feet. I swam back to the shore and attempted it again. This time I was able to recover what turned out to be part of an orange plastic barrel that was lodged in the rocks, I pulled it loose and walked back to shore. The Coast Guard Helo said time up due to fuel so we proceeded back to our pickup point were they transported us back to our vehicles. The SAR team leader called the the search until the next day, as we all knew we were in recovery mode. The SAR teams were very disappointed about not finding him, but we knew it was the right thing to do. On the next day as we were pulling up to the search site, two Construction workers found him a little further down stream on the bank, then where were looking. We stood down and the Tillamook county SAR team took over the recovery operation. All of the Clatsop & Tillamook county SAR teams and the Coast Guard worked very well together to make this operation a success and closure for the family. BZ to all involved

here is the press release http://www.co.clatsop.or.us/news.asp?pageid=5&pressID=2131&deptid=5

Jay

Glad you were able to close out your search... I have not been there yet. I only recovered a firearm. The team members have told me about those oily ones... Can't wait....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom