My First Cozumel Trip Report...Love That Deep Blue!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the report.

Yes, all of those restaurants that you went to are really good... And your report just made me really hungry. One little place that I often recommend as the "best ceviche" here, is Popeyes. I am quite addicted to their ceviche. It is inexpensive and they also have a variety of other seafood dishes on their menu. They are located on Calle 2 north between 25 and 30th ave. They are known to be more of a local seafood restaurant...

As for the diving, it sounds like you got a great variety of diving in. You did the walls and the shallows. I love Palancar Caves, though my favorite dive site is probably Palancar Bricks.

As for wine? Go to a big liquer store on Avenue 30th between Calle 2 and Calle 4. They have all kinds of tequila along with a great selection of all kinds of "sampler" sized tequila in beautiful little bottles. They also have wine and everything else...

I´m happy to hear that you like Cozumel. Ok, if you can´t get over Cozumel withdrawel, you will just have to start planning your next trip here!!!

achu

Zagnut,
Great report! I've been to Coz, stayed at the FA, dove with Dive House,and have done the dives you wrote about-they were great fun. Your writing made me feel as if I was back there-and wet again. Thanks for the memories.

Doc V- thanks for your info about the wreck. I dove it in August, and had only sketchy information. As usual, your report was right on the money. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who felt that the u/w "graffitti" was inappropriate.
Take care,
Mike

Achu,
Palancar Bricks is not on any of my underwater maps. Is it a secret only you locals know about? I'm assuming it's somewhere between, the caves and the gardens?
Also, did you get my invitation to dine with us Saturday, March 2nd, at 8:00 PM?
I am holding a table for 14 to include you, at Poncho's Backyard. Can you make it?
:sunny:

I have to agree, Achu....Palancar Bricks is probably my all-time favorite.

Natasha...the best places in and around Coz are never on any map! You have to go there and discover them yourself with the help of the oh so willing locals. Alot of my log entries list dive sites as Ricardo's Favorite, Israel's Favorite, etc. because they have no tourist names.

Great report......now I have some good intel on where to stay, who to dive with, etc......

Hey Achu....if I were to get there by my lonsome, care to buddy up?

Great report, Thanks!

When you mentioned Grouper my mouth started watering.
By the time I read to the end I was hungry!

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Natasha - yup, Dee is correct, some of the best places out here don´t really have names, or, like Palancar Bricks, it is a fictional name. I still use this trick, when the divemasters ask where everyone wants to go, you turn it around and ask the divemaster where his/her favorite spot is! (it is funny how everyone jumps to make the recommendation on where to go when the one person on the boat with the most experience is rarely asked where he wants to go!)

TexasMike- I´ll buddy up with you if you are down here, however, don´t forget that I work too... I don´t always have the time to go diving. I´m lucky if I can make it out once a week on my day off. Email me about when you are coming!

Achu

I havent been in 3 ? 4 years, and its about time I went back. :balloon:

Zagnut,
How did it go in the airports? Did they open your luggage? Did you carry or pack your regs?
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom