My First Experience with E-PL6 and Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm Macro lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Early this month, on a night shore dive, I brought my friend's E-PL3 with kit lens. I have an INON UCL165 and a Subsee +10 with me, but I decided that there's nothing much to shoot in shallow water. Obviously I was wrong... I found a leaf Sheep Nudi. It was the size of a grain of rice... I still tried to shoot but the result was not so satisfying.

So, last Saturday, I drove 350km to the East of Peninsula Malaysia with my E-PL6 and 60mm Macro lens just to try out new system before my trip to Mamutik Island at Borneo. Made 2 boat dives. And did a shore dive next morning just for the Leaf Sheep Nudi.

Finally, I some Cute little Leaf Sheep Nudis...

However, while shooting the Sheep Nudis, I couldn't get my lens close enough due to the difficulty of light position. Any tips on torch positioning..? I am not looking into investment on Strobes yet.

Images are taken with

Olympus E-PL6 with PT-EP10 Housing
Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm Macro lens
Inon UCL-165 Diopter
Subsee +5 Diopter
Archond D11V Video Light X 2

P6251624.jpg
P6251616.jpg
P6251664-Recovered.jpg
P6251665-Recovered.jpg
P6251666-Recovered.jpg
P6261706.jpg