My first out of air incident!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the page with amazement, especially when you called them brainless grunts.

1. As you said they were Pakistan Military divers, they were obviously trained to use the equipment provided and were used to it....YOU WERE NOT !

2. They may not even have had the option, but may have been ordered to take part in the dive ...

3. The only Brainless person I found on this exercise was YOU !!!

You have been trained ( well I hope you have been trained ) by a reputable organisation which has instilled a certain responsibility on your part to dive safely.

As you were unhappy about the equipment provided, you were diving outside of the safe zone, and should have aborted the dive rather that not only risk your own life but that of others who may have had to rescue you when you got in difficulties.
The Only Brainless Grunt I see in this whole episode is YOU !! who seems to think that as a qualified diver , can forget about safety, yet still blame everyone else but yourself when things go wrong.

If you wish to dive with less than adequate equipment ( your choice !) and something goes wrong who is at fault ? YOU !!

1_T_Submariner:
I think they left out some detail here....with a submarine at 100' you have about 45 psi on that hatch so unless the equalized the internal pressure of the submarine that hatch would not come open. (Ex. an 18 inch hatch has 11500 pounds of force pushing in on it) On most submarines you would use an escape trunk not "The main hatch". Just some help for you documentary.....

Also, subs are pressurized to 1 ATM, the reason the hatch would be so difficult to open. If the sub was pressurized to 1 ATM, how did anyone "explode his lungs"?

I keep seeing this one pop up on my Subcribed Threads list - are people still taking this seriously...?? :11:

SeaHound:
The diving set they had did not have a BCD, SPG and octo/back up reg!

Having done hundreds of dives with a setup like that back in the 60's and 70's, I readily admit that I would never want to go "back" and dive "vintage" that way today!

DandyDon:
I keep seeing this one pop up on my Subcribed Threads list - are people still taking this seriously...?? :11:

Yeah, like the MOFNMOF thread...

:D

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom