My first set of doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and in your second photo, you're hefting those tanks wrong. It puts too much stress on the mani that way and can bend it. Move your hands farther out and put the stress in line with the tank necks.

I really doubt the tanks are heavy enough to bend the manifold?

Congrats Narced Out.

I really doubt the tanks are heavy enough to bend the manifold?

Congrats Narced Out.

Yep, they are heavy enough to bend the manifold. Particularly the one piece type like he and I have. The connector tube is just a thin walled brass tube. The best way to lift a rig like that is by the ends of the manifold where the heavy brass fittings screw into the tanks.

Yep, they are heavy enough to bend the manifold. Particularly the one piece type like he and I have. The connector tube is just a thin walled brass tube. The best way to lift a rig like that is by the ends of the manifold where the heavy brass fittings screw into the tanks.

Ah fair enough with that one. The more common manifolds should be fine, however.

Remember to bend at the knees.

Very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom