My first underwater picture with D70/ Sea and Sea housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen:
Next buy yourself the DX 10.5 mm lense with a dome port. Its Great and only around $700.00

I shot the attached photo with a D100, Aquatica Housing, 10.5 mm Nikon Dx, and used 23 watt HID lights for the exposure.

I still haven't got my 12-24mm lens wet (or rather underwater ) yet so I probably will play with that for awhile before contemplating any new lenses.

Dee, which picture is gone now? I can still see both of my pictures.

Grafphoto, the viewfinder is ok. It is 2mm smaller than the D100 but when I put it up against my mask, it is big enough to see the pictures and read all the info at the bottom.
I have not used any other SLR cameras so I don't know how it would compare to the other.

Marpacifica, its ok, I guess SSRA does not give you much hint about he/she status but last time I check, I am definitely a he :wink:

Earlier, the photo of the Christmas Tree Worms was just a red X. Must of been me!

Don't know ahow I missed this one all day! Very cool ssra!

ssra30:
Marpacifica, its ok, I guess SSRA does not give you much hint about he/she status but last time I check, I am definitely a he :wink:

Thanks for taking it so well. My sincere, grovel-in-the-dirt, slap-me-upside-the-head apologies once again to you, SIR. And for the record, I am also a he, last time I checked.

Now back to business. I think you'll like the 12-24DX. I use it a lot topside, less so u/w because I'm on macro kick right now and like using the 105mm u/w. I know one other person on another board had problems with the 12-24 and was wondering why everyone was raving about it, so he (she???) sent it back and something was wrong with the elements. When the replacement came, he couldn't stop raving about its sharpness.

I am pretty much in the macro mode myself currently as well especially since I am going to Lembeh Strait next month for some macro fix. However I will have a quick weekend trip to Bali at the end of July, hopefully to see the Mola Mola (sunfish) so I will definitely need the 12-24mm then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom