My First UW Camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased my first UW camera setup, a Canon G15, Nauticam Housing with a S&S YS-01 Strobe. I can't wait for it to arrive!

I can't think of a better place to share my excitement than this forum.

Thanks for all of the posts here that have helped me make my decision.

PH

have fun with the new toy. be sure to post some pix once you get it figured out

Where's your first trip with it going to be?

Not sure yet. Still trying to free up some time in March. Cozumel is our favorite place to dive, but I think the current would not be ideal for my first camera dives. Thinking about Bonaire and USVI.

I just got the camera yesterday and I'm still waiting on the housing and strobe from Backscatter. I wanted to get everything in and have plenty of time to get to know the camera. I just started reading through the camera manual. Lot to learn and get used to.

PH

Not sure yet. Still trying to free up some time in March. Cozumel is our favorite place to dive, but I think the current would not be ideal for my first camera dives. Thinking about Bonaire and USVI.

I just got the camera yesterday and I'm still waiting on the housing and strobe from Backscatter. I wanted to get everything in and have plenty of time to get to know the camera. I just started reading through the camera manual. Lot to learn and get used to.

PH
I will be in Utila and staying at Utila Lodge for a week starting march 15th with my g15 outfit. Pm me if interested and I can check for availability and see if I can get you the same deal I got.

I just started reading through the camera manual. Lot to learn and get used to.

PH

I picked up a G16 about a month ago. About 90 percent of what's in my manual doesn't apply underwater. Been using an Ikelite housing, but have had a few issues with it. I have a replacement on the way, and also ordered a Nauticam housing from Backscatter. Wonder which one I'll keep.....?

I will be in Utila and staying at Utila Lodge for a week starting march 15th with my g15 outfit. Pm me if interested and I can check for availability and see if I can get you the same deal I got.

Thanks for the offer. It would be nice to work with someone in the beginning who is familiar with the camera. Unfortunately, we will just be getting back from another vacation at the time.

Yesterday the housing and strobe came in. Put everything together and it all seems to be working correctly. Now that the holidays are over, I hope to spend more time with the G15 and get to know it better.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom