My Gear had finally arrived!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mortlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yes, after so many months I was starting to get worried but it's finally here. My long hose and dump valve for my lift bag are missing but that's better than everything I guess. Seems like some strange items to take though. :33:

Anyway, I don't think my worn to bits 3mm suit is going to be up to the job here and I was wondering what wetsuit you'd recommend for diving in Izu?

I was thinking a 7mm should be ok for everything but winter.

M

Hey Morty...
Glad most of the stuff made it...maybe the long hose and dump valve are security risks!

Most folks use a 5mm most of the year, and drysuit in the winter. Would be a real drag to wear 7mm in the summer and have to tote all that weight...

So a 5mm with hood should be ok then? I do get cold fairly easily.

I use a 5mm without hood. I've even been out in it mid-winter, although it was a little cold. Mid-summer I think a 3mm would also be fine in Kyushu (24/25C)

Right now, the temp is 18 C down to 16 at depth. 5mm with a hood will suffice for the hardy, I am in drysuit. The coldest I have had in winter (Osezaki) was 12 C (Jan or Feb)

I'd say 5mm would be great for May/June through July and Sept/Oct through December. 3mm for summer is perfect if you have one, if not 5mm as well. I wear a 5/4/3 in the summer. I wear a hood in the fringe months.

Jan/Feb/March can be harsh...Drysuit all the way for me...Actually, I will probably get out of the drysuit in another week or two...

That's pretty cold for me! What kind of temps can I expect in summer?

jagfish:
Drysuit all the way for me...Actually, I will probably get out of the drysuit in another week or two...

I know what's really going to bum you out is not being able to wear those stylish pajamas on the drive down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom