My Husband is a new diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaSSF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
After 29 years of marriage, my husband has decided to join me diving!!!

He finished his referral dives2 weeks ago in Curacao, and we went on to dive 2 or 3 times a day since. He is a natural. :)

He decided to finish AOW with PADI so he could join me on most dives we would consider in the future. With approaching 30 dives in one vacation, he is AOW. Yeah!!!

I am so proud of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 4th, 2014 at 07:54 AM ----------

And thanks to Jim LaPenta for setting him up with a back plate & wing. The dive school here looked at us as if we were strange, but later admitted he had better trim than most divers they see.

My wife is a wonderful dive buddy and partner in all other things.

Glad to read your husband has taken to it like a duck (fish?) to water.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Have been wondering about you two. It was my pleasure to get him fitted out and in the pool for a discover type session in his own rig. That does not happen often so when it does it's a treat for me. Hope I see you sometime this season locally!

Congratulations! It's nice to have a home-grown dive buddy to travel with!

Jim, you gave him confidence in his equipment that was invaluable. Thank you!

Not that anyone is counting, but how many "more" dives do you have?

I have -13 more than my dive buddy. She reminds me of this every trip. Sometimes more than once.

Having a built-in dive buddy makes diving much more enjoyable.

Giffenk, I've been diving for 37 years, so I have a few more than a few dives on my hubby. :) I am staying pretty low key about it.

He's already looking into warm weather diving back home in the US, so this is looking good!

37 years? You must have lower standards than my dive buddy. She was very clear from the start that our relationship would not last if I did not dive. Well actually she was happy for me to "burn on the beach" while she dove. She stated that we would be doing Caribbean vacations. At destinations of her choice. I could come along if I wanted.

So I am 1 year short on mandatory duty. That would be 13 dives. But who's counting? Not me. Someone else.

And I am VERY sure that I would be spanked if I ever dove with another buddy in order to catch up. She is tired or has the sniffles? WE sit out.

Now that you mention it, "37 years of dives more than you" has a nice ring to it! After all, I will ALWAYS be 1 year younger than her! But who's counting?

Enjoy! Life partners make the best dive buddy's!

Back
Top Bottom