My Key West Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the photos were taken with the wide angle lens.

According to the manufacturer, the lens increases the field of view (when underwater) by 50%. Personally, I think that is a reach, but it definitely does help. Also, it enables me to take photos from a distance of 2', instead of 3'.

I'm new to UW photography, and I'm having problems properly framing my shots. The extra field of view with the wide angle lens seem to help; gives me more photo to work with (I'm better able to center and compose the shot once I download it since I have a wider field of view to work with).

Yes, the wide angle lens definitely made a difference! I barely had time to order it before I left for Key West; got it 3 days before leaving for the trip.

Thanks for the compliments. This was my first time diving in salt water (and first photos in salt water), and hopefully my UW photography efforts will improve over time.

Guess I'll get the external strobe next; have it in time for the next trip.

Did you have the camera set forland or sea mode? My girl left her camera on land mode & it does distort/mess colors up considerably.

rainmaker:
Yes, the wide angle lens definitely made a difference! I barely had time to order it before I left for Key West; got it 3 days before leaving for the trip.

Thanks for the compliments. This was my first time diving in salt water (and first photos in salt water), and hopefully my UW photography efforts will improve over time.

Guess I'll get the external strobe next; have it in time for the next trip.

To the best of my knowledge, I had it set on sea mode. If the color in some of my photos seems a bit off, it is probably because I used some photo editing software to enhance the colors a bit.

One thing I won't try again is jumping into the water with the camera. The first day diving, I did just that and the shock of the camera hitting the water (or hitting me, then the water) changed the setting to video mode. Every time I thought I was taking a snapshot, I was actually starting a video. After a few unintentional short movies of mostly water, arms and legs, the memory card filled up. Bottom line, I got zero shots the first day. From now on, I'll ask someone on the boat to hand the camera to me.

I never jump into the water with my camera. Too many bad things can happen. Accidental changing of your mode button is nothing in comparison to things like flooding of your camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom