My LDS an authorized aqualung dealer has said things about the legend series that kind of breaks my trust with them. Is this information accurate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have bought stuff from Leisurepro before and it went smoothly. They were however involved with selling so called grey market product in the past and thus were able to undercut prices from authorized LDS dealers because they weren't held by MAP agreements. you can find previous threads on this forum about this. it wasn't limited to aqualung either, there was one incident where they dropped the ball with some counterfeit SP bcds and then got involved in a lawsuit with Johnson Outdoors. This made them enemies from the practice as small dive shops were getting undercut. These days they are authorized dealers, so they have the same policies for the most part as other shops.

Yeah. Definitely stay away from that LDS. They've made it pretty clear that they should not be in business. Anti-semitic comments aside, I just wouldn't trust them based on their comments about the regulator. To say a certain second stage doesn't breathe right is hard to believe. You'd be hard pressed to find any balanced 2nd stage that doesn't breathe right, assuming it is adjusted correctly.

Leisure Pro is now Scuba.com. A long time ago, there was some truth to Leisure Pro dealing with some gray market product. It's not like it was used, or counterfeit, they just weren't an authorized retailer at the time. They were up-front about that, though. The issue was really that the manufacturer's warranty may not be honored if not purchased through an authorized retailer. In those cases, Leisure Pro offered their own warranty to make sure the consumer had some protection. As I said, though, that was a long time ago. Pretty sure they are an authorized retailer for most (if not all) of the brands currently sold on Scuba.com.
Even when they were supposedly selling "grey market" the quantities they were bringing in were such that Aqualung had to know about it. They turned a blind eye and pretended they weren't getting them from an authorized distributor. That distributor may have been in Europe, but the gear was never counterfeit and they always stood behind the sale the best they could. Which was a helluva lot better than some of the "authorized dealers" in the US.
The authorized dealers just got pissed because so many of them could not bring in the quantities that AL required to get preferred pricing under their draconian and restrictive dealer policies.
ScubaPro was no better and and still aren't. And yes LP/Scuba.com is now an authorized on line dealer for them as well!
Which gave some older dealers fits that were hilarious to see.
The thing is with LP/Scuba.com, if you have a warranty issue, they are just as likely to give you a new reg once you send the old one back instead of messing about fixing it. They are that big that they can do that.
Tell the crap LDS to rot in anti-semitic hell and name them so that they are not anonymous.

I've been a customer of Adorama for just short of 30 years (has it been that long? Yikes!). There's a very good reason why they were able to expand into scuba gear (and possibly other markets of which I'm not aware). They give great value, great customer service. Faith has nothing to do with anything. People are people, and the people who run Adorama/scuba.com (I was a LeisurePro customer as well) are good ones.

Ripping on such a solid company is a red flag. Being antisemitic at the same time is a red flag hitting you in the face.
A newbie! I made my first purchase from them and B&H in 1979-80 or thereabouts!

A newbie! I made my first purchase from them and B&H in 1979-80 or thereabouts!
I remember pouring through their offerings in Outdoor Photographer every month.

My daughter may never hold a magazine in her hands, sadly enough.

Even back when LeisurePro was selling some grey market computers—I got my first Suuntos there—LeisurePro offered an in-house warranty that exceeded what Suunto would have offered had the computers come from a US distributor. The LeisurePro people were great. I haven’t bought anything from them since they acquired Scuba.com. I just have difficulty getting past how horrible the former Scuba.com was, and the name is tainted in my mind.

Scuba.com is awesome. I’ve bought 3 wetsuits from them, and had to exchange 2 for different sizes. They always made the exchange super painless. Their prices are fair and their shipping is fast.

Back when I was a young fool (early 90s), I remember spending my lunch breaks ogling all the camera and dive equipment in their NYC store. Now I’m an older fool and still enjoy ogling their inventory, just online instead of in-person.

I remember pouring through their offerings in Outdoor Photographer every month.

My daughter may never hold a magazine in her hands, sadly enough.
How old is she? My 9-year-old loves her National Geographic Kids subscription.

I haven’t bought anything from them since they acquired Scuba.com. I just have difficulty getting past how horrible the former Scuba.com was, and the name is tainted in my mind.

I had a similar thought until my first transaction. It is the same old LeisurePro, just with a url that is more recognizable for the uninitiated. I've since bought valves, 2 tanks, a full reg set and a few other things all since they moved to Scuba.com. The same fantastic service.

Scuba.com is awesome. I’ve bought 3 wetsuits from them, and had to exchange 2 for different sizes. They always made the exchange super painless. Their prices are fair and their shipping is fast.

Back when I was a young fool (early 90s), I remember spending my lunch breaks ogling all the camera and dive equipment in their NYC store. Now I’m an older fool and still enjoy ogling their inventory, just online instead of in-person.
You mean Scuba.com is awesome now that LeisurePro acquired the name. Search threads from before LeisurePro acquired Scuba.com and you’ll find loads of complaints. I need a few years before I can associate the new name with them in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom