My loser moment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My very first doubles dive was off of a SoCal dive boat that I'd never been on before.. Got the gear set up, no problem.. Put it on~hmmm kind of bulky, but no problem.. Told my instructor/dive buddy that I was a little worried about my weighting~ he says don't worry, if you sink just keep the reg in and I'll find ya on the bottom.. lol... So I'm feeling good and am eager to hop in the water, finally.... So, mask on, fins on, stood up and moved to the gate to enter the water.. The boats DM gave me the final check & OK, and moved aside for me to jump in... Well, I didn't take into consideration that the gate was very narrow and almost waist high~ not a problem for a guy, but I'm not the tallest person in the world so my tanks got stuck in the gate.. Umm I'm totally wedged.. the DM is behind me pushing, another crew member is on the other side of the gate pulling me, and I'm not budging. :(
My oh-so-kind buddy/instructor finally gave me a boot to the rear and *plop* , I'm in the water (and I didn't sink :) ). It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't jammed myself in the gate on the next dive too :shakehead:

i can say multiple times i have tried descending with my snorkel in my mouth

I've never descended with my snorkel in my mouth (well yet) but I HAVE attempted to use my snorkel to vent my BC :lotsalove:(my old snorkel was one of those big clunky Ocean Master jobbies that have a corrugated hose for the mouthpiece, that is approximately the same dimension as my inflator, and it hung down in about the same area..I've since relagated that snorkel for SNORKELLING only...I have a fold up for my BC pocket!)

I forgot to trim the new neck seal. Got to the dive site, Lake Tahoe, Carnelion Bay, and pulled my drysuit over my head. Since I have a small neck, thought it might work, that was until I did a face plant on the pavement. My good buddy got the thing off me without tearing it. What a guy :) So we hunted for someone with a pair of sicors. No luck. When we got back to town after aborting the dive, realized we could have easily bought a pair of sicors. Oh well.

And TS&M - I forgot the argon twice. The problem, still decended until I could communicate with someone to turn on the argon. That blew out the exhaust valve. I was diving Pt. Hardy, B.C. so with a leaking exaust valve, had to close it to keep dry, until I had to ascend. Yep - I got VERY cold but that didn't stop me from diving. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom