My new dive Boat the ThunderFish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally my theory is that Capt Palmer sold the Thunderfish because he is going to start running charters from that model of the U-85 featured in the other very serious joint video production by One Fin and Palmer. :D

Soggy:
My bad, I couldn't make it through the video...the latency and buffering problems were killing me.

Same here.

With that said; considering the record of dive charter ops here in NE, Palmer selling the Thunderfish would not be a surprise to me. Guess the jokes on me:11:

D

RIOceanographer:
Personally my theory is that Capt Palmer sold the Thunderfish because he is going to start running charters from that model of the U-85 featured in the other very serious joint video production by One Fin and Palmer. :D
I still like the fact that they showed that a U-boat could get up on plane.

Gilldiver:
According to Paul at New England Dive Center

:no Bull SH**:no

After you told Paul about me buying the Thunderfish he called Captain Bill and talked him out of selling it for a few more years.

One fin:
After you told Paul about me buying the Thunderfish he called Captain Bill and talk him out of selling it for a few more years.

That's too bad. Think you'll be able to make do with just two boats?

If not, NOAA is planning to decommission the R/V Albatross IV sometime around the end of this year. Its a pretty nice 200 footer and it even has a dive locker with a compressor. I bet you could snag it for only around a million at auction. :D

http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/albatross4/index.html

I hear Capt. Palmer is going to keep the thunderfish in Mystic this year.

That's true. We're diving the Onondaga leaving from Mystic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom