My new wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just bought a pinnacle elastiprine 5mm with the merino lining. Dove with it the first time this past sunday. Let me tell you, this wetsuit was exceptional. At the surface, i didnt even feel any water entry, and felt "dry" the entire dive. It kept me toasty warm for a good 45 minute dive in 56 degree water, 86' max depth at jocassee in sc. I'd recommend this suit to anyone thats a "WWW" (warm water wimp). It is a very high quality, sturdy, well made suit. Well worth the 329 price tag!

sweet info, I am sopping for a wetsuit myself in 7mm. Scary birthday cake by the way man.

I am debating taking my new elastiprine 3mm or my regular 5mm on my next trip . Would you suggest the merino elastiprine really is warmer than standard neoprene as advertised or is it just easier to don . I get cold in a regular 3mm suit on multiple dives . Your input is appreciated.

What is UP with their zippers? So frustrating. I bought a new 7mm Elasto-Merino, 2nd gen, suit from Sports Chalet for 30% off ($280). It's a $400+ suit.

Anyhow, the first one, the zipper plain old didn't zip up; down ok, but not up. Got an exchange. Second suit - took my wife and son 10 full minutes to unzip me. We were at the final tug before I was just going to cut myself out! It came loose.

Asking for a third try....want to make this thing work with all I've heard and the awesome deal but....these zippers@$&&%!! arrrgh.

Went to inspect the rack of suits and found 1/2 the Pinnacle's zippers were like butter and the other half were very rough. Wish me luck. Third time's a charm, right?

Hey sandmanz32, can you give us an update on your experience with the "pinnacle elastiprine 5mm with the merino lining"? How's the durability of this suit? Would you recommend this to a friend?

I have a 100 dives on mine and it always worked very well. I liked it so much my wife now has a 3mm for warm water diving. Also the hood, boots and gloves are very nice.

I've been diving my merino 5mm for 2 seasons, no visible signs of wear and I am not easy on the gear. definitely would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom