My OW certification checkout dives didn't go so well unfortunately.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not disagreeing or dismissing any of that, I simply have no interest in doing any of it.

If you read along the rest of the thread and the update I posted a few days ago, you'll see that I've completed both my OW and AOW certification and did it once again in tropical clear waters. It was pretty neat being down 100ft and being able to see the surface, and kind of eerie looking off into the dark depths below.

I am going to the Keys in May over Mother's Day and I plan on doing at least a morning of diving, as long as the wife is cool with it lol. Maybe 2 mornings but I don't want to push it!

Glad to hear it. Everyone has their own preferences, and there's certainly nothing long with that. I've been catching up on my reading and missed your post about completing your OW and AOW. Congrats!

Here's a couple videos I pulled off my goPro. I wish I realized it was in this stupid wide mode prior so I could have changed it.

This was our deep dive that's required for the AOW certification. Note the depth on my dive computer, as well as the max depth we had hit a minute of so earlier. Also, check out the beach ball the instructor is holding. It's a full beach ball (at the surface) and look at how flat it is. Pretty cool to see. Sorry that the video isn't the best quality either, but that'll get better with experience as I get more comfortable with everything. After that dive too one of the instructors told us how we were all tired at the end of the dive and its cause our buoyancy was bad, and you could see everyone other than the instructor kicking lol. It really sticks out in the video.

And here was us actually approaching the Kittiwake. It was pretty damn cool to just see that sitting on the floor of the ocean. This was for the wreck dive for AOW. It was going to be optional and we were going to do a night dive that was part of the requirement, but once the weather canceled the night dive this one became mandatory for AOW.

The next two were from the fish ID reef dive we did that was like max depth 40ft, again for AOW. These are two swim throughs we did that I didn't expect to do, and was a little apprehensive about it, but just decided to follow everyone and it was cool doing so. The first video is longer and towards the end it's a bit dark, but it wasn't really that dark in the swim through, you could alway see pretty well. It's just the lighting from the camera making it look that way. The second one is shorter and the lighting is a bit better.

Yeah just call it off. Maybe if you get lucky, you might be able to fit in a dive the day before you leave, if you recover quickly. Just focus on recovering

Back
Top Bottom