My personal experience getting bent...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't believe that's necessarily true. I would say diving will never be the same as the thought will always be in the back of his mind. He may also experience feelings due to the residual damage from being bent, but have a read of Richard Pyle's story. He continued to dive after some agonizing rehabilitation. If one is willing to accept the risk post severe DCS, then who are we to stop them. :wink:

Confessions of a Mortal Diver
Well - I guess time will tell. I am going to be back in the water withing weeks (it's been almost seven months). My TTE with mubble study last week came back good, and I am seeing my diving physician in ten days or so. I am off HCTZ and I will pay much closer attention to my hydration status. With the PFO closed, and with a conservative ramp-up back into tech profiles (plus my regular work diving) I am optimistic!

Hi John,

Been there, done that. I took a pretty nasty type 2 hit after a 120 minute bottom time in Indian Springs outside of Tallahassee (max depth 150, average 130) 18 months ago. About a month later I was diagnosed with a small PFO.

@kensuf: Did you previously check for a PFO, or only discovered this as a result of the incident? I would like to understand if you "developed" the PFO. Stuff like weightlifting can cause PFO to form.

I appreciate your feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom