My "Places I Won't Dive" List (and yours...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockPile

Contributor
Reaction score
1) The Amazon: I won't even dip my toe in a place where bull sharks and crocodiles fight it out over wildebeest carcasses. That was perhaps the most disturbing and awesome footage I’ve ever seen.

2) Farallon Islands: The Devil's Teeth read like a bizarro world travel brochure (but a fantastic book nonetheless).

3) Rivers: Never again. And even if it wasn't an incredible let down, talk about unnecessarily hazardous.

4) Clinton Lake (a nuclear power plant reservoir): Any place that suggests to fishermen (who are there, why I don’t know) that eating more than two fish from the lake a year could be dangerous isn’t a dive site to which I’ll be heading.

5) Any place where the best scuba activity is collecting golf balls.

:)

JB

Any coastal shore-accessible sites in Texas. Even Mansfield Pass can kiss my grits.

:confused:
(1) The Amazon: I won't even dip my toe in a place where bull sharks and crocodiles fight it out over wildebeest carcasses. That was perhaps the most disturbing and awesome footage I’ve ever seen.
Uh, Wildebeest/Gnus are in Africa (according to this site), while the Amazon River is in South America. :D

Really, this strikes me of the beginnings of a dumb thread, but I'm often wrong. I'll watch.
food-smiley-007.gif

Well, when you're right your right. It must have been some other kind large of hairy animal. Every large hairy animal that isn’t a buffalo is a wildebeest to me.

And you are also right that this is a "dumb" thread. Sometimes it's fun to talk about nonsense. I’m hoping for some funny stuff.

You're two for two, Ace. Enjoy the show. :)

Crocs do attack Gnus on their annual migrations across parts of Africa. Maybe add the Congro River...?

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
Death Valley.
I do want to go for the Rock Races there someday: The Sliding Rocks on the Racetrack Playa

You're probably right, Don...

6) Congo: Let's just call it the Amazon's freaky cousin.

RockPile:
You're probably right, Don...

6) Congo: Let's just call it the Amazon's freaky cousin.
Or the Nile has Crocs, as do many Asian and Australian rivers. But I think you mentioned NO RIVERS.
sport-smiley-027.gif

For river diving with crocs, I hear the Nile is peachy keen.

Dang, Don beat me.

Octopus Resort, Fiji - with the payout we got, my insurer wasnt happy when i got back from there

Avalon, Sydney - nearly died there once and that was enough for me never to do it again

the PPD "Washing Machine Dive"... thats just ****ed!

"Surf Entry" dives that some of the SoCal divers talk about - im spoilt here in sydney, no need to fight any waves to go diving

Back
Top Bottom